Thursday, June 9, 2011

Essay about "the benefit of taking IELSP Program" in the U.S.A


                    Indonesian English Language Program really fits my educational background in FKIP. Deeply in my heart I was so excited when I heard this program will improve my English skills. I am so skillful in analyzing something but very poor in writing academically and grammatically, and public speaking. By joining this program I hope that my English will be better than before. If I am selected to be one of the participants of this program it will really help me to broaden my knowledge about American culture while I improve my writing and speaking skill. Other reason why want to participate this English language program is to make family condition better than this time. I have to master English well to face ASEAN Free Trade Area in which currently happening, the number of people come from all over the world. I train myself by joining English Debate Community in my University to improve my speaking skill, but it is not enough. Therefore I want to learn more and more through this program to reach my dream.

                   I am very fond of literature --- art, and I always imagining seeing The World’s Greatest Museum of Art such as Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Folgers Shakespeare Library that has the world’s largest collection of Shakespeare work. I am interested in American Literature, since I was analyzing “The Horseman in the Sky” that describes how Lincoln tried to give freedom to the slave and how several state seceded and united again. Through literature we also learn history, I love it very much. Harvard College, The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston College, and these colleges I am dreaming to study in.

                       I read English book, especially literary work most of my leisure time to entertain myself. Work of art is one of the best “medicines” for life pain. I plan to write my thesis on literature fields. I want to write my thesis on prose analyzing novels.

                  Forever is one of my extra-curricular organizations. It is an organization where Student University of eastern part of East Lombok gathered and discusses the political and economical issues as well as poverty in our area. Poverty is one of the most crucial problem which always being considered in this organization. One of the effect of poverty is there are lot of eastern part of eastern of East Lombok elementary student should leave their school. ForeVer has programs to solve this problem but it does not work successful. Therefore I want to join to this program to make a link with other people all over the world. And I am sure that I will get what I want to improve education in my area in United States --- the most well organized education system I think.

                        This program will really help me and my family much. I have to improve my skill --- writing and speaking --- as I have told you before. It also will influence the other, especially the people who need my help --- especially eastern part of East Lombok. Again, it will very helpful to lot of people, not only me, if I am elected to be participant of this IELSP.

Mahurni

No comments:

Post a Comment